Friday, September 12, 2008

Twitter-pated

Do you Tweet? The husband's latest love is tweeting. He is always sending out tweets. He likes the challenge of getting a message across in under 140 characters. Ugh, brevity. Not my forte. I prefer the blogger's arena where there is a blank canvas that goes on- page after page. Is there a page limit even?

My older sister (shout out to ya, sis) and I are kindred spirits in that we can make a short story longer than necessary. I think it's a gift. It's a gift, right?

Anyway, I am all signed up on twitter.com thanks to the husband's incessant (incessant- does that word work in this context?) pleadings. He has like 30 followers. I have one. Just him. But I am following 3 people: the husband, a bro-in-law, and a sis-in-law (wife of said bro-in-law, evidence that we are both doing the twitter thing for our husbands). I think my sis-in-law is as excited about tweeting as I am. She has sent out ONE tweet. 2 months ago. I have sent NO tweets. Gotta do that sometime. So the husband will say, "Wife, you rock! You tweeted! I so love you!"

The husband seems to have a sense for whatever the latest and greatest thing will be. Just like Kip, the husband loves technology (listen to the song here). Could this be the latest and greatest? I just haven't caught the tweeter's vision yet, I guess. Maybe this all goes along with the "Nobody Cares About Your Blog" thing, meaning you can't really appreciate it until you have experienced it. I haven't really experienced it, but I do follow his tweets. Because I do care about his twittering (or is it tweeting? Whatever.). And because I love him that much.

But tweetie, I means sweetie- today I will try my first tweet. And I will dedicate it to you: the visionary of our family, the love of my life, the rooster in our nest. And you will be soooooo proud- in a righteous way. (So, um, since you are my IT guy- could you call me and tell me exactly how to go about sending that tweet?)

5 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

You've peaked my interest. What is this "Twitter" phenom? I will be watching, I'm too curious not to.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Can't say I've ever tweeted or is it twittered? Anyway, I think I'm going to check it out to see what the buzz is all about. BTW, this is a cute post :-) At first I thought it was going to be about Bambi or something.

uniquelynat said...

well for sure i don't really know what twitter is. chris is always up on the latest. we may have to find out a bit more about this....

Chris said...

Microblogging sites like twitter are a blast! you should add my twitter feed to your blog, my dear.

Kaylyn and Rob said...

Of course it is a gift to be able to make a short story longer. You have peaked our interest in this twitter thing as well. We have never heard of it before. It is fun keeping in touch through the blogging.