A true miracle was she. It took us six years to get her to come to earth- a little stage fright, I think. Or perhaps she was working a great work and had to finish before she could be released to us.
And now here we are, with three lovelies to call our own. We are truly blessed!
Happy Birthday Oldest Daughter!
Because of you, I:
- know the true meaning of "with all my heart"
- am a mother
- laugh at least once a day
- read Junie B. Jones
- get to volunteer at school once a week
- learned the secret of cayenne pepper
- thrill at the sound of misplayed notes on the piano
- get to see my greatest love, your dad, personified in you
- watch Barbie movies
- sooth troubled minds
- feel fortunate to have such a tender-hearted daughter
- wrestle to cut your toe nails (can't we just get that done without a bunch of fuss? at least once? Please?)
- love to hear you re-tell Old Testament stories to your brother and sister
- have refrigerator art. ALL the time
- have a dog
- know how to cook and give a spelling test while doing hair and talking on the phone
- have learned tricky strategies to encourage a desirable outcome. In other words, I have learned how to get you to do what I want without any spanking.
- discovered the joy a parent feels when one of their children succeeds
- re-discovered magic- in all things
- love more deeply
- know about "under the pillow"
I am so grateful for you!
Happy Happy Day!!!
I love you!