Thursday, October 7, 2010

stuff

The children are on fall break for two weeks. So fun.

But I have a few random thoughts on my mind.
  • We have received some late monsoon storms here. And they have been powerful storms- hail the size of golfballs and all that. Denting cars, flooding roads, uprooting trees and power poles, wreaking havoc- even tornadoes up north. 4 in one day, to be exact. It's crazy weather. And as I was driving in it, I was wishing that rain came down with a little soap in it so that my car could get clean. That would be awesome!
  • The children are on a Pollyanna fix these days. And oldest daughter has taken the teachings of the movie to heart. And throughout the day I hear all sorts of Pollyanna-isms courtesy of oldest daughter. And it has rubbed off on me, cause the other day as I was checking my blog comments, it told me there were no comments yet. That is so Pollyanna of blogger.
  • I totally hurt my leg last week while running. So I went to the doctor. He told me it is tendonitis. And to lay low for a while. And finally, my leg is feeling better. Sooooo glad, cause tendonitis hurts like crazy. I never thought sympathetic thoughts for tendonitis sufferers before. But now, well, I feel for those people everywhere. Plus also, the husband and I were quite a pair- he with his broken toe, and me with my tendonitis- limping around on our date last Friday. Our friends that we went out with showed adequate concern.
And that would be all for now.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I vaguely remember that movie- Hailey Mills, right? Might have to Netflix it for my kids.

Sorry about your tendonitis. I had Plantar Fascitis for 18 months. It's mostly gone now (3 years later) but my feet have never been the same. Hopefully your issue will soon be a memory.

Mechelle said...

I love Pollyanna! We used to watch it all the time when we were little. Sorry abt your leg, and the husbands toe. Glad they are healing. The weather was quite crazy, but awesome at the same time. Wish the rain could have stuck around a little longer, but at least it left us with cooler weather as a consolation.