This is the infamous 25 Random Things tag that is circulating on facebook. I finally gave in and completed it. In the interest of posting something on this here blog today, I give you 25 Random Things about me.
1. I have been tagged 14 times and have been avoiding this tag because I don't really have 25 interesting things to say about myself.
2. I love to spend time with my family more than anything else in the world.
3. My best talent is spending money. I do it very well and have perfected this skill to the point that I know this talent can never be taken away. I take that parable seriously. My piano skills, on the other hand? Gone.
4. I love to travel with my family.
5. I am not very good at keeping up my end of a friendship. But I love my friends. I have had the best and most amazing friends throughout my lifetime (that includes you!). And I love making new friends.
6. I would rather stay up late than get up early.
7. I am the third child in a family of 5 girls and 2 boys.
8. I am two years older than my husband. In fact when I met him and found out he had just barely returned from his mission I almost wrote him off due to our age difference, thinking that he would not be interested in an older woman.
9. My favorite job of all time was working at a treatment center for women and girls batling eating disorders. The women were amazing and the work environment was incredible.
10. I sometimes worry that I will die before my children are raised. I want to be the one to raise them.
11. I am a procrastinator.
12. I have seen Milli Vanilli in concert. Believe it. It was awesome.
13. I never knew how awesome my husband was when I married him. I find myself feeling blessed everyday by a new layer that I uncover.
14. My favorite part of the day is when the children are asleep and the house is quiet and I can sit and talk to my husband uninterrupted.
15. The only class that I attended 100% of the lectures in college was the one where I met my husband.
16. I love to blog.
17. I would love to hire a maid, but I know that I would clean up before she (or he) came. Defeats the purpose.
18. My dream is to be neighbors with my sisters.
19. Occasionally I have icky insecurities that make me wonder what people think about me.
20. When I was in kindergarten I stole a little plastic chicken that belonged to the farmhouse set in the toy area. But I left 25 cents to pay for it.
21. I would love to have 2 more children, but I am afraid I am getting too old and it may not happen for me.
22. Growing up I never, EVER, heard my mom say something bad about anyone.
23. I love being a mom. It took me a couple years after my first child to be able to say this. But now I love it!
24. I love sunsets.
25. I have great fingernails.
25.1. I can speak some Russian- but the longer I get from college, the less I remember. I took Russian classes at BYU and was 2 credits short of a Russian minor when I graduated.
And I will not tag you. You're Welcome.