Welcome to Laughing at Life's Little Wedgies
Tune In Tuesday!
(i think i gotta create myself a button)
I invited Shorty over at Securityville to share a post with us.
And she obliged.
I have enjoyed following her blog.
And I love that she is involved in a virtual sewing bee.
That is one of the coolest ideas out there.
And I love her banner.
She's a vintage pin-up fan who has two dogs, a son and a husband.
Hop on over to her place and swap howdies. Won't ya?
Because, after reading her post, you'll be dying to know her better!
Guest Post by Shorty at Securityville
I began blogging in August of 2008. I didn’t really have grand expectations of what I would blog about. I just wanted an ‘outlet’ so to speak. A friend of mine had told me about her blog, so I checked it out and thought to myself, “I want to do that!” A regular means of self-reflection sounded like a completely therapeutic thing for me to try. And, I’m a huge fan of self-help!
That is how Securityville began to take shape. I really had no idea of just what a positive experience I was in for. And still am. So, let’s get on with the countdown….
5. My social network, which wasn’t exactly lacking to begin with, has expanded by leaps and bounds. Acquiring new friendships is really an exciting adventure. I love catching a glimpse into the lives of people around the world. And man, are there some seriously amazing blog writers out there! I love the wit and personality that is reflected in so many blogs. I had no idea there were THAT many clever and inspirational people. Ok, so I did have an idea about them being in our world, but never thought I would have the ability to interact with them regularly.
4. I find myself thinking almost daily, “I can blog about that!” Fortunately, I don’t actually blog about everything that crosses my mind, but boy if I did I would be so stocked up on posts I wouldn’t know what to do with myself! My library of photos has significantly increased, however, in the past year since I began blogging. Even when I don’t blog about something I thought up I usually have a picture of something or someone around my house that I thought would make be a great compliment to a post.
3. Blogging has increased my creativity by 100%. I used to consider myself a very creative person when I was a teenager. I would draw, write poetry, try to make fashion accessories, crochet, sew…. But, several years ago I tucked that stuff away and forgot about it. Finding bloggers who shared what they made, and provided amazing FREE tutorials inspired me to get back into the swing of crafting. I’ve made more things in the last year than I think I’ve made in my entire lifetime! And, I absolutely love this form of self-improvement!
2. This is something that my husband and I are able to share together and it has brought us closer. He has always been supportive of my blog. He’s a ‘techy’ so he’s into all things computer and gadget related, so I think his nerd radar went into a bit of overdrive when I decided to start blogging. But, in April of 2009 he began his own blog, too. (You can find it at www.itstactical.com if you want to check out a totally manly tactical gear related site.) He has followers galore, so much more than I’ve strived to attract, but he’s got a business plan for the whole thing. It’s very exciting for both of us. Anyway, he has helped me to learn more about blogging options and he consistently shares his knowledge with me. We have conversations about blog posts and bounce ideas off of each other. Since he’s such an extreme sports kind of guy, and I’m a barely make it to the gym sports kind of girl, this has really been a bonding experience for us.
1. And finally, the number one way that blogging has majorly changed my life? Becoming a blogger has helped me to renew my faith. And by that I mean faith in God, faith in marriage, faith in family. I have found so many blogs (like Laughing at Life’s Little Wedgies, The NieNie Dialogues, CJane, Lyndsay & The Johnsons just to name a few) who remind me on a regular basis that life is a blessing not to be taken for granted. We are not all here together by chance, but only by Divine intervention. Our families are what keep us centered and real, and we should never forget to cherish each and every moment we have together. God has given each of us an opportunity to bring joy into this existence we have here on Earth, and we should strive to inspire each other to grow each and every day. I’m not sure that all of my blog posts are inspirational, but I hope that I do inspire someone at least sometime. And, I’m truly grateful for all of you who blog about your motherhood, your spirituality, your passion for life and your passion for your husband. What an inspiration!
Thank you so much to Laughing at Life’s Little Wedgies for inviting me to be a guest blogger. This site is one of those positive little retreats that I enjoy slipping away to, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to have shared it with all of you.
Have an amazing week,
Shorty @ Securityville