I believe I am a pretty reasonable mother. I don't generally demand senseless and absurd actions of you. So, when I decide that I will take a nap (because sometimes mommies are a little tired when they have been up all hours of the night cleaning up throw-up) and request that you let me have just a little time, I pretty much mean that during my nap I will not be available to:
- blow up beach balls
- play army men
- decide whether or not you can have a pop tart
- check out the scab that just fell off your lip
- put your hair in a ponytail
- warm up your chicken nuggets
- tie superhero capes
- log you onto the internet so you can play your favorite educational video game
- referee the disagreement over whatever you are disagreeing about and need a referee for
Next time, I expect to have a nap. No interruptions. I'm not a very happy mommy when I am tired and someone repeatedly wakes me up. Maybe you could ask Dad about that.
Sure do love and appreciate ya.