Sunday, May 23, 2010

Who's Up For A Quick Game Of Sacrilege?

I'm pretty confident I can get an amen from anyone who has anything to do with little 4 year old boys and is witness to their unique displays of self when I say that they crack me up. In every cracked up sort of way.

This weekend little son was a helper of immense proportions as we worked hard Saturday morning and then played hard all Saturday afternoon. He made the work part especially entertaining as we cleaned the house and he introduced us to the game "Skeletons of God."

I must admit that I never did quite fully grasp the how-to's and wherefore's of the game as I was basically trying to wipe a giant smile off my face and feign serious interest in Skeletons.

And the husband and I shared a great deal of furtive smiles and internal laughter as we humored the cutest 4 year old on the planet. (good word, furtive)

Just this afternoon, after the husband and I returned from the dedication of the Gila Valley Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we had the privilege of watching my sister's youngest children as she and her husband and older children attended a session of the dedication. Little son was teaching his younger cousins the game Skeletons. And then he added a new one to his repertoire, this one entitled "Cowboys and Jesus in Heaven." I don't know the rules, but I for sure would love to be in on this one. I think I could win.

In our house, it's all about the game play.

Amen.



P.S. to my sister with whom I shared the great lyric debate Sunday afternoon:
The correct lyrics are:
As Coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined her.
And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead.

that totally clears it up for me. You?

3 comments:

uniquelynat said...

clears it up for me. i always wondered about that line. never could understand those words. thanks! good luck with your next cowboys game! i hope you win you good leslie you!

Wonder Woman said...

That movie is my 4 y/o's current fave.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I don't think sacriledge applies to little boys under 8! (or girls either, for that matter)