Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All the Answers


The children ask lots of questions about Santa this time of year. And luckily, we have all the answers. We do. Because we have The Santa Claus Book. Have you heard of it?

When I was little my parents had this book. And with all the curiosity of young minds, we would consult the book to find out how Santa makes toys. It told us the kind of games that elves play and how the elves first met Santa. And it laid out the Christmas schedule and told us about Santa's clothes. And we knew it was the truth. Because it was in the book.

The book was pure magic growing up. Because it taught us all about Santa. And answered all our questions. And we couldn't get enough.

A few years ago my mom and dad gave each of my brothers and sisters and me a copy of The Santa Claus Book for our very own. I was so excited. We brought it home and read through its pages. I was reminded of all the good memories of Christmas wonder. It took me back to snowy evenings when my dad would read to his family from its pages by the light of the twinkling Christmas tree lights.

The other night middle daughter asked how Santa makes it down the chimney. I told her I didn't know, but I knew how we could find out. And the husband read to the children from our Santa Bible. And the children marveled at all the knowledge the book contained. And he read some more. And now the children run to it multiple times each day as some new question arises. And they are intoxicated by its illustrations, just as I was as a child.

Like I said, the book is pure magic. And I'm glad we have it because it has all the answers.

11 comments:

kel said...

I want that! My daughter is six and is starting to question Santa!

Rebecca Talley said...

I totally want that book. I'm going to Amazon to try to find it. Thanks!

Elizabeth said...

Where do you get it? It sounds like a Christmas miracle :)

Loralee and the gang... said...

Sounds like a wonderful book!
:D

Randibee said...

Yay for the Santa Claus Book-it is our favorite!!!! I'm so glad to have a copy!

trublubyu said...

to all of you who may be searching for a copy: i didn't realize that it is so hard to find. check periodically on amazon or ebay or do a google search. but, it looks like it is hard to come by right now. so sorry. the best i can do for you is to send you to this link:
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/The-Santa-Claus-Book/795922/product.html

and you can request for them to contact you when it becomes available. good luck!

Shauna said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Wonder Woman said...

LOVE the idea of this book.

uniquelynat said...

best. book. ever.

i have not yet pulled it out for my children. but now that addie is totally into christmas.....this may be the year.

mom and dad said...

This is one of the best. For those of you who wonder I was able to get these through Barnes and Noble an couple of years ago. It does hold magic!

Lee said...

That book is adorable, and a great idea. When I'm old enough to have kids, I'm definitely buying it and always having it on hand.