Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Dentist



On the way to the dentist this morning, little son said, "Sister, did you know you were in my movie last night?"

To which middle daughter replied, "Do you mean I was in your dream?"

"Yep," he answered.

And so we made our way to the dentist where middle daughter had two of her lower teeth encapsulated in shiny silver. Such a reality check for the mom. What mom is proud of that? Not this one. And a resolution has been made: there will be way fewer sweets in this household from now on and more flossing.

On the drive home I giggled as I listened to her slurred speech. Her little bottom lip fat and lazy as she talked. And she spoke of how she didn't want to miss "pweskfool" (preschool) today. The closer we got to our home, the heavier her little eyelids became and soon she was fast asleep.

She awoke when we pulled into the garage and was awake long enough to climb up on the couch, wrap her cute little self in a comfy blanket and watch a couple minutes of t.v. before she drifted off to sleep once more.

And now, with her closed eyes, she is watching her own little personal movie. Perhaps she will repay little son and he will be in her movie.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Today is Georgie's birthday please go wish her a happy one!

http://georgienba.blogspot.com/2008/12/guest-post.html

Lorie said...

Fewer sweets and more flossing is good, but let me ease your mind a little (or not ease it...)

I had a really great dentist once who admitted to me that a LOT of what happens to your depends on a lot more than brushing. Genetics, the PH of your saliva, prenatal stuff.

I have three kids. My oldest son has TERRIVLE TEETH! Every time we go (ever 6 months) I spend a small fortune on his mouth. He has cavities filled, crowns, then he has to have the crowns pulled and spacers put it.

We brush, floss, rinse with floride. We do the EXACT same thing to his sisters teeth (I brush both of them...don't trust them or their father to do it) and she doesn't have any cavities.

We are supposed to go on the 22nd and I am going to reschedule because I don't want to know how much money it is going to cost this time until AFTER Christmas!

So you are not a bad mom! ;D

Lorie said...

Sorry for the novel!

Loralee and the gang... said...

What a sweet moment, and I don't mean to pull a pun.

I know the feeling about the teeth...my youngest daughter had to have a Root Canal on a molar at 2 1/2. It's a horrible feeling! But it's true about the genetics, so don't feel so guilty....
:s