Friday, February 4, 2011

Growing


January is done. Over. Gone.

January was a month of growth. Little son turned five. He is not the four-est any more. Now, he is the five-est. And we love having a five year old around the house again. Now begins registration for Kindergarten. What will I do without my little shadow and talk-box around all the time? Good thing I don't have to worry about that til July.

January was also a month of running all over the place. And soccer. And meetings. And events. A month of only a few seconds to catch my breath before I was off to the next calendared event.

So far, it seems like February is up to the challenge. It has sprinted out of the starter blocks and looks to give January a run for its money. And already, good things have happened. And I am feeling blessed beyond anything I deserve.

I grew in January- and shrunk. I left a few more pounds behind and felt my spirit bulging. I love that feeling. I was fortunate enough to sit in on a number of powerful meetings and felt my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ expand. I had some amazing insights as I studied from the scriptures and pondered on the application in my life, today. And of course, the husband and I grew together as we discovered how to be the best parents we can be. I love being married to this man! How did one girl ever get so lucky?

In January I learned some new things about myself. It was a month of self-discovery. A month of reflecting upon who I am and who I truly want to be.

January was a month of re-dedication to my church responsibilities and a month of added inspiration as to how to go about serving in the best way I can that will benefit those I associate with in my responsibilities. I am excited about what I have learned and where I have been directed. Good things are ahead. I can feel it.

January is over. Gone.

Thank you, January for teaching me that I want to look back at the close of each month this year and find that I have grown. (and shrunk)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Congrats on the shrinking, and growing. Sounds so weird to have soccer in January.