Monday, February 21, 2011

night music

it's late. i just finished a long soak in the tub with a good book. once the water started getting a little cold, i got out and dressed in warm pajamas.

i made my way to my family room, which is the most central location in my house, and hopped on the computer to send out a couple emails. as i sat drafting an email, i paused to listen to the sounds of my nighttime abode, so that i could fully inhale the night music emanating from the halls: the breathing of my slumbering family, the whirring of the refrigerator and the ticking of the clocks.

i found myself enchanted by the rhythm of my sleepy house. this is part of the soundtrack of my life. i am often up late after my family finds sleep. i love the peace and the quiet. i love to have time to myself where no one is needing me. i love to have a little time to ponder on my day.

it's late, and i love that my family is providing the background music to one of my most favorite times of the day.

No comments: