Monday, November 14, 2011

Mornings

I am not a morning person. But, mornings with giggles and smiles and hugs- I can do those. I'm glad that we have those most mornings. Today was one of those mornings.

I love our morning routine. Wake up. Get dressed. Breakfast. Song. Scriptures. Hair. Prayer. Goodbyes. (all while the husband takes care of dishes and a load of laundry. hopefully soon we will include the children in a little house cleaning- I would love if I could be left with a clean house by the time I am ready to start my day)

This morning as I waited at the bus stop with the children, we played the latest favorite game. It goes like this: one person starts and says one word. The next person adds a word and so on until we have a silly string of words that hopefully make some sort of a story. There is always laughter as we craft our silly story.

As I returned home, a satisfied smile on my face, I couldn't help but feel oh so blessed with my life. Even at this hour of the morning.

I hope you are having a wonderful morning.


1 comment:

Suzi said...

I love mornings that are perfect like that! It gets harder once they start seminary but its perfect when you can start the day of together with prayer!